HomeFAQSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in

Share | 

6, 7 or 8 strings?

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Serpent Master
Admin

PostSubject: 6, 7 or 8 strings?   Fri May 15, 2009 1:02 pm

I love the sound of the 7th and 8th strings but is that worth taking away the comfort of playing a 6 string guitar? I currently play a 7 string guitar most of the time and i am starting to find it more comfy but i am not sure wether to go 6 or 7 string for my next guitar what does everyone else think?
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://serpentslair.forumsmusic.com
spacefail

PostSubject: Re: 6, 7 or 8 strings?   Fri May 15, 2009 1:25 pm

Serpent Master wrote:
I love the sound of the 7th and 8th strings but is that worth taking away the comfort of playing a 6 string guitar? I currently play a 7 string guitar most of the time and i am starting to find it more comfy but i am not sure wether to go 6 or 7 string for my next guitar what does everyone else think?

I think that you should just go into a big guitar shop, e.g, gak Razz , and just pick out a selection of 6 strings and 7 strings, and just try them to see what you like playing the most.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Serpent Master
Admin

PostSubject: Re: 6, 7 or 8 strings?   Fri May 15, 2009 1:27 pm

spacefail wrote:
Serpent Master wrote:

I think that you should just go into a big guitar shop, e.g, gak Razz , and just pick out a selection of 6 strings and 7 strings, and just try them to see what you like playing the most.

Good idea go to the holy grail of guitar shops GAK in Brighton Wink
Back to top Go down
spunj

PostSubject: Re: 6, 7 or 8 strings?   Fri May 15, 2009 1:50 pm

Well, a six string isn't necessarily more comfy. But do what Spacefail said and try some out. However my opinion is that if you have a good 7 string guitar you don't need another, 7 strings are mostly built for the same tone(my opinion) and there doesn't seem to be much variation. I would personally get a 6 string. But it's your choice man.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Serpent Master
Admin

PostSubject: Re: 6, 7 or 8 strings?   Fri May 15, 2009 1:52 pm

spunj wrote:
Well, a six string isn't necessarily more comfy. But do what Spacefail said and try some out. However my opinion is that if you have a good 7 string guitar you don't need another, 7 strings are mostly built for the same tone(my opinion) and there doesn't seem to be much variation. I would personally get a 6 string. But it's your choice man.

Thanks man. There is quite a bit of a variation in 7 strings (the ones that are available) haha. But i will try out a load at my next trip to GAK.
Back to top Go down
spunj

PostSubject: Re: 6, 7 or 8 strings?   Fri May 15, 2009 1:54 pm

Sry, i don't really know a lot about 7 strings, you probably have more experience of them.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: 6, 7 or 8 strings?   

Back to top Go down

6, 7 or 8 strings?
Page 1 of 1